Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JohnBrew on April 28, 2011, 02:09:37 pm
-
CS4 will not recognize my new 3880. I went to the help page and have done everything suggested to no avail - reinstalled software (4 times), changed default printer, reset preferences, did the "Save for Web" thingie, etc. I'm running Vista Ultimate 64.
Thanks for all replies.
-
Call Epson tech support and let them walk you through the installation and troubleshoot as necessary.
-
Thanks for your reply, Mark. The computor says the install was successful.
-
All the more reason to call them.
-
I'm not sure it's the same or similar problem, but I just had an 'installation' problem (I'm on a Mac) where it installed 'successfully but behaved strangely (not worth going it it now/again). Eventually I discarded the driver that I'd installed off the CD and used one d/l from the web. So....I agree with Mark call or write to them for help.
-
Thanks guys. Sho 'nuf I called Epson (again) and was placed with a more helpful techie this time. We worked through everything together and ecco! The print dialogue came up normally and I was able to print. One image that is. Now it is back to doing the same thing telling me I need to install a printer. Weird.
-
maybe windows had stored the old (& bad) info somewhere.
call again and ask them to root out any old & hidden epson files before the new install
-
For those who may be interested. After trying copius suggestions from fellow enthusiasts on the different forums where I posted, the situation could only be resolved by buying and installing CS5!! Once again, I had to download it twice to get a copy which was accepted by my computer (shades of downloading CS4!!). One would think that Adobe could get this right after all these years. ::)
-
Are you on Mac or Windows? On Mac OSX 10.6.4. I didn't have download/install/printer driver problems with PSCS5, so not sure where the problem you're having is really lodged. I doubt it's an Adobe issue. That kind of thing is thoroughly beta-tested by all kinds of outside users before it's released.
-
Hmmm, I don't think I've got a Vista 64 box handy anymore at work, otherwise I could try putting CS4 on it and testing this. There's no reason that comes to mind that should require CS5 (although CS5 has some great new stuff in it). Did you try reinstalling CS4? It's possible something was corrupted and the update to CS5 fixed it?
As for downloading, never had a problem - weird.
-
Frank, yes I did try reinstalling CS4. Same results. The first time I tried to download CS5 I did so from the email link they sent me. The second time I went to the Adobe site, located my account and downloaded from the download link there. FWIW, Adobe has a page entitled "CS4 won't recognize my printer". They list various fixes which don't work. About halfway down the page they state that the issue has been fixed in CS5. Hence my purchasing CS5 which did indeed fix the problem.
-
If it's working that's great & the following doesnt matter any longer but I had meant a re-install of the printer driver not the PS version
-
Frank, yep, tried that also. But everything is working to spec now. Just a darn shame PS is so incompatible with new devices.
BTW, anyone in the Charleston, SC area looking for a dedicated bw printer? They can have my 3800 for free. Buy new cartridges for it and it will be perfect (except the magenta print head is clogged).