Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Light Seeker on April 28, 2011, 01:57:50 pm

Title: Images That Suit Aluminum?
Post by: Light Seeker on April 28, 2011, 01:57:50 pm
I'm trying to find out if aluminum is a medium that I'd like to work with, and I'm going to order BookSmart's Fine Art Metal sample pack. That means 2 sheets each of Satin Silver and Satin White, and 1 sheet of Matte Silver. I'm thinking of printing a couple of 5x7 images on one sheet and an 8x10 image on the another.

What kind of images do you suggest? Put another way, what image characteristics best suit this medium?

As for coating, do you suggest satin or gloss? I will probably try Golden's Archival Spray Varnish (solvent based) since I can source it locally.

Thanks.

Terry.
Title: Re: Images That Suit Aluminum?
Post by: Sven W on April 28, 2011, 03:23:53 pm
What kind of images do you suggest? Put another way, what image characteristics best suit this medium?
;D ;D