Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Victor Engel on April 27, 2011, 10:18:09 pm
-
I've activated several times now, and this is getting old. I can't actually use the software unless I activate. Right now, the last profile I ran is not active. I can tell, because the colors are different, and I recognize the pre-profiled colors (brighter, for the most part). Also, isn't the profile I last set up supposed to automatically load when I reboot? I feel like I must be missing something. Rather than repeat the same thing yet again, I thought I'd post this here hoping someone can illuminate me.
-
OS and version? try uninstalling and re-installing?
Could be corrupt preference file, incorrect install location.
-
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit.
There's such a thing as incorrect install location?
-
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit.
Did you deactivate User Account Control (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(WS.10).aspx) before installation? I've read installation instructions for other X-rite software that stressed to totally deactivate UAC before installation. I was not enough to agree with the prompts, it had to be deactivated. I don't know if the same applies for the Colormunki software on Vista. On Win7 there seems to be no problem.
Don't forget to reactivate UAC after installation!
There's such a thing as incorrect install location?
Vista (and later) doesn't allow programs to write changeable program settings in the program directories. These need to be written in the usually preferred (account) applications data locations, but I assume the installer knows that.
Cheers,
Bart
-
Might be a permissions thing, you could try re-installing by right clicking on the installer and choosing "Run as Administrator".
-
I resolved the problem where the profile is not loaded at startup by creating a shortcut to Calibrationloader.exe. This is in the startup group, but something is undoing it on startup. I've read something about this happening, and there are instructions on how to fix this problem. I don't have time to do that right now, but this fix does what I need just fine. I just run calibrationloader if I ever notice the profile is not loaded. This is easy to spot, because if the profile is loaded, my mouse pointer is brighter than white.