Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: andreagenor on April 21, 2011, 02:06:08 pm

Title: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: andreagenor on April 21, 2011, 02:06:08 pm

Hi, I need help.
I bought the used Leaf Aptus 75 without battery and cables.
I need know how battery can I use?
Any battery below works fine with Aptus back?

Canon BP-941 (7.2V 4050mAh Li-ion)
Generic battery for BP-950G(7.4V 5200mAh Li-ion)
I'm afraid  :-\

I find in Brazil Samsung SB-L160(7.2/7.4V  1800mAh Li-ion)


About cables I need know how can I do the "Camera-to-Back Sync cable"
Because in Brazil this cable is astronomic price!
This cable is similar to flash sync cable but shorter?
I need it for work with my Mamiya RZ ProII

And for last, Firewire cable.
Aptus 75 use Firewire 400 or 800?
I will go use connected to my macbook(Firewire 400) or with the Imac 27"(Firewire 800).
Any firewire cable works or this is special cable?
I need two cables like Firewire400/800 and other 400/400?

Sorry my bad English!
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: yaya on April 22, 2011, 02:00:59 am
Canon batteries won't fit, you need the Samsung SB-L160 type. The factory ones are 2,350mAh but 1,800 should work. You can get SB-L320 or bigger

For sync cables I recommend buying the Leaf one since they last longer than others

On the RZ you also need an adapter of course

FW cables: look for ones that fit in the back. The FW port is intentionally deep and tight. We make both 400-400 and 400-800 for the Aptus and you can get them through any Leaf dealer

Cheers yair
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: andreagenor on April 22, 2011, 07:45:16 am
yair,

I have the adaptor.
But FW cables in Brazil is like U$ 310.00, is very expensive.

About sync cable I would realy like know if it is a simple flash sync cable.
Because it is expensive too and if is a simples sync cable I do it in any cable store and solve my trouble now.

Thanks a lot!
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: yaya on April 22, 2011, 04:10:14 pm
A Leaf sync cable is ~$30 in US so how much cheaper can be a locally made one in Brazil?

In any case it's a single (mono) connection with a standard PC plug on one end and a 2.5mm mono jack on the other

BR

yair
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: andreagenor on April 22, 2011, 04:31:51 pm
Where can I buy in US, Do you can indicate?
There are web page?

Because is so cheap in USA that can I import it.
US to Brazil is about 77% tax

I not found a store on the web, only www.captureintegration.com, but no have Camera-to-Back sync cable.
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: pixjohn on April 23, 2011, 01:10:25 am
Hasselblad has or use to have a pc to mini jack. I purchased several backups for my Leaf back from samys and paid $10 each. The advantage of the Leaf cable is its a angled mini jack over the straight Hasselblad cable.
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: Fritzer on April 23, 2011, 07:29:22 am
Where can I buy in US, Do you can indicate?
There are web page?

Because is so cheap in USA that can I import it.
US to Brazil is about 77% tax

I not found a store on the web, only www.captureintegration.com, but no have Camera-to-Back sync cable.


Captureintegration should have all you need, maybe shoot them an email ?
As for Firewire cables, don't buy just any cable, I'd ask them for one they know are working, the long ones in particular can be faulty , I have several bad ones ...

The Aptus 75 uses FW 400 at the back, I had no problem with using generic FW400-800 Adapters on my Leaf FW400 cables to connect to Macs .
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: andreagenor on April 23, 2011, 12:15:38 pm
Hi all,

pixjohn,
I have not found the cable on Samy's.

Fritzer,
Thanks a lot.
I sent e-mail to them.
I will wait for answer.
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: pixjohn on April 24, 2011, 01:49:04 pm
I got them in the store, you will need to call the pro department and see if they still carry them.
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: BJNY on April 25, 2011, 09:22:59 am
I have a couple of premium Sinar Firewire 400 cables, 10 meters long.
I got them right before switching to Aptus 75S (FW800), so they're barely used.
They were very popular amongst pros for their supple sheath (lays on ground).
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: Alan W George on April 25, 2011, 12:38:38 pm
You bought a back without batteries and cables?  Sounds stolen to me.....
Title: Re: Battery and Cables for Leaf Aptus?
Post by: Graham Welland on April 26, 2011, 11:14:55 pm
You bought a back without batteries and cables?  Sounds stolen to me.....

Maybe but I've also seen deals like these from bankrupt photographer sales too. Sometimes these end up being sold off by folks who don't know or care about the rest of the outfit - not ideal but it happens.