Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: plui on April 21, 2011, 12:46:47 pm

Title: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: plui on April 21, 2011, 12:46:47 pm
Hi, I suppose this is mainly for 11880 owners/users... Could anyone comment on printing with IJT 64 inch roll canvas? Or is anyone aware of any other supplier of 64 inch canvas rolls? Thanks.
Title: Re: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: John Nollendorfs on April 21, 2011, 01:01:29 pm
Do you mean 60"?
IJ technologies carries several different canvas materials
http://ijtechnologies.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=141

John Nollendorfs
Title: Re: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: Randy Carone on April 21, 2011, 01:57:11 pm
IJ Technologies offers six canvas SKUs in 64". They are Black Diamond (18 mil) in Gloss and Satin, Premium Edition (20 mil) in Gloss and Satin, Premium Edition Water-Resistant (22 mil) Matte Canvas and Premium Edition Artist Texture Canvas (21 mil) in Matte. They offer four other styles, which top out at 60", 54" and 50" depending on the canvas. They also produce two solvent canvases, one of which is available in 62", the other at 60". I am not aware of other sources for 64" canvas rolls for aqueous printers.
Title: Re: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: SarahNewman on April 21, 2011, 02:37:32 pm
I believe Sihl may also have 64" wide Canvas.
Title: Re: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: Randy Carone on April 21, 2011, 03:31:10 pm
Sihl has one aqueous canvas in 64" width. It is the Universal Artist Canvas 340gsm matte (cotton/poly blend) in 64" x 35' rolls. The other 4 aqueous canvas SKUs top out at 60" and 54".
Title: Re: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: plui on April 21, 2011, 07:05:29 pm
Thanks again for all the replies/help. The reason I'm looking into 64 inch canvas is to try and cut costs by printing 2-up (ie. side-by-side. Is that correct terminology?). I'm wasting a lot of canvas when printing 30 inch jobs on a 44 inch roll.
Title: Re: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: John Nollendorfs on April 22, 2011, 11:52:51 am
You could also print on 36" canvas!
John Nollendorfs
Title: Re: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: plui on April 22, 2011, 12:51:34 pm
 :D Thanks John, but my newbie status does not permit me to have such logic! 

Truth be told, I just want to finally hit all of that unused carriage space!  ;D  I know I should be doing other, more productive stuff while the jobs are running, but I usually end up just sitting in front of the printer along with my dog, both our heads tracking left-right, in snyc to the printhead... Its mesmerizing, esp with the 11880's Psylon mode (think of the light on Hasselhoff's car from the TV show Knight Rider, or Cylons, i suppose). Am I the only person who does this???

Title: Re: 64 inch canvas? Is IJT the only supplier?
Post by: fetish on April 22, 2011, 01:37:24 pm
LOL you're not the only one. I've been watching the 11880 printhead tennis for 3 years.
strangely the 9800 one is not as mesmerising as the 11880's.

I've been searching for a good 64" canvas too but till now am still stuck with 60" hahnemuehles and BCs.