Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on April 21, 2011, 10:17:35 am

Title: Black-crested Coquette (Costa Rica)
Post by: Glenn Bartley on April 21, 2011, 10:17:35 am
Here's another one from my recent Costa Rica workshop. This was a BIG target bird for me. But you never know if they will be reliable or not. If there is a flowering tree in the area then forget it...they will be way up high. Thankfully this liitle fellow was regularly visiting this verbena bush and I was able to get a few frames that I am very happy with :)

More from Costa Rica 2011 here - http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephotography/articles/Gallery%20-%20CostaRica2011.html

All the best!

Glenn

(http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/2264/blackcrestedcoquette11.jpg)

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 800
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x
Title: Re: Black-crested Coquette (Costa Rica)
Post by: Lloyd Mayeda on April 21, 2011, 11:52:28 am
Quote
I was able to get a few frames that I am very happy with

All the best to you too Glenn.  I can see why you were happy with the result.

Another great capture!!!