Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Enda Cavanagh on April 20, 2011, 06:10:54 am

Title: HELP!! My Canon IPF5100 has suddenly stopped printing text on documents!!
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on April 20, 2011, 06:10:54 am
My Canon IPF5100 has suddenly stopped printing text on documents (in multiple apps) Everything else print fine. The page is completely blank where the text should be but other stuff including graphics with black in it prints fine. Photos are printing fine also. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? I haven' got a clue. I haven't changed my font. I have the latest drivers anyway but I reinstalled them and that didn't help.
Title: Re: HELP!! My Canon IPF5100 has suddenly stopped printing text on documents!!
Post by: peterbennetts on April 26, 2011, 06:00:24 am
my ipf6100 has started doing the same thing - pdfs. i can't figure it out...
Title: Re: HELP!! My Canon IPF5100 has suddenly stopped printing text on documents!!
Post by: Jeff Donald on April 30, 2011, 06:15:36 pm
You may want to try this update for Snow Leopard users.  Not sure if that is your issue, but it has helped some people.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1377
Title: Re: HELP!! My Canon IPF5100 has suddenly stopped printing text on documents!!
Post by: phila on May 10, 2011, 01:37:46 am
There is a new Canon driver out that fixes this.
Title: Re: HELP!! My Canon IPF5100 has suddenly stopped printing text on documents!!
Post by: josh_m on August 03, 2011, 08:16:29 pm
I spent ages searching for how to fix this before finding this driver update (it's not a whole new driver): http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0041321.asp (http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0041321.asp)

In case the link goes AWOL, the description text reads:
Quote
This is the update program for CUPS driver to fix the following failures.- When you print data which includes characters, the printer cannot print properly.- The printer can only print a part of data, or print with corrupted layout.