Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: cnibley on April 19, 2011, 04:17:24 pm

Title: Anyone know anything about the PrimeFilm 120 film scanner?
Post by: cnibley on April 19, 2011, 04:17:24 pm
Hello!

I need to replace my aging Imacon Photo scanner. I'd love an older Imacon like the 848 (which can use the current FlexColor software), but they're still over $7,000.

Has anybody seen any reviews of the new Pacific Image PrimeFilm 120? http://www.scanace.com/product/pf_120.html It costs $2,000 and looks like a re-branded Nikon 9000.

Unlike the Nikon, it scans to 6 x 12 (I shoot with a 6 x 12 Noblex) and like the Nikon, could probably be adapted for wet scanning.

Anybody know anything?

Thanks!
Title: Re: Anyone know anything about the PrimeFilm 120 film scanner?
Post by: Mark D Segal on April 19, 2011, 04:25:07 pm
According to the web page you linked it's not available till June, so would be hard to know anything about it now.
Title: Re: Anyone know anything about the PrimeFilm 120 film scanner?
Post by: cnibley on April 19, 2011, 05:39:04 pm
I'm hoping someone will get a pre-release unit for a review.
Title: Re: Anyone know anything about the PrimeFilm 120 film scanner?
Post by: BradSmith on April 21, 2011, 06:42:40 pm
I'm hoping someone will get a pre-release unit for a review.

I imagine that 3 or 4 months from now, David Brooks, in Shutterbug will have a review of this new scanner.  It will contain 2 paragraphs about the scanner and 12 pages about Silverfast.  As do all his scanner reviews.

Brad