Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Tim Ernst on March 26, 2005, 09:21:37 pm

Title: Canon TS lens and stitching panoramas
Post by: Tim Ernst on March 26, 2005, 09:21:37 pm
Photomerge is wonderful, however you must drop down to 8 bit for it to work, which is not good - perhaps PS 9 will support this in 16 bit like it should. In the meantime, if you will do the reverse-shift technique with your TS-E lens (if you have an L bracket), then you can keep your file in 16 bit and align the images manually and just erase away the seam - if done correctly, it only takes a minute or two and the results are great, and you've got a 16 bit file...

Tim Ernst in Arkansas
http://www.Cloudland.net (http://www.Cloudland.net)
Title: Canon TS lens and stitching panoramas
Post by: David R. Gurtcheff on March 27, 2005, 12:43:08 pm
Thanks for the link.
Dave G.
Title: Canon TS lens and stitching panoramas
Post by: David R. Gurtcheff on March 26, 2005, 04:01:32 pm
I've been wanting to try to make a panorama by stitching together two digital shots. I recently got a 24mm TS lens to use for architectural shots. I used this lens shift feature to make two shots with camera on a tripod. In Photoshop the "Automate" "Photomerge" feature worked a real miracle. I thought I would have to do a lot of lining up and blending, but Photoshop did it automatically in several seconds. The results are stunning; perfectly lined up and superimposed. I didn't know it was this easy! Just a tip if you have a TS lens.
Dave
Title: Canon TS lens and stitching panoramas
Post by: francois on March 27, 2005, 04:55:14 am
Quote
...In the meantime, if you will do the reverse-shift technique with your TS-E lens (if you have an L bracket), then you can keep your file in 16 bit and align the images manually and just erase away the seam - if done correctly, it only takes a minute or two and the results are great, and you've got a 16 bit file...
For those interested in "reverse shifting", the technique is explained at the bottom of this article. (http://www.outbackphoto.com/workflow/wf_58/essay.html)

Francois