Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bruce Cox on April 18, 2011, 02:50:40 pm

Title: Couple
Post by: Bruce Cox on April 18, 2011, 02:50:40 pm
Today's reprocessing of a photo I took Saturday seems to me better than yesterdays reprocessing of it, so I ask you for your critique. 

Bruce
Title: Re: Couple
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 18, 2011, 05:35:34 pm
Bruce, there is something in it... I like it.

Speaking of reprocessing, I would experiment further with perhaps slightly desaturating it (i.e., going for an aged look), and maybe cropping it to eliminate the distracting window pane on the right. Me think.
Title: Re: Couple
Post by: Bruce Cox on April 18, 2011, 07:10:37 pm

Speaking of reprocessing, I would experiment further with perhaps slightly desaturating it (i.e., going for an aged look), and maybe cropping it to eliminate the distracting window pane on the right. Me think.

I tried cropping it more on the right, but it didn't seem to work out.  Desaturating seems much more promising.  And still seems more promising as I rewrite this and post a more current and yellow desaturated improvement.  Thanks for the suggestion; desaturation was more even help to another photo like this one.  I guess before this I had thought of desaturation as tented black & white and hadn't found much use for it.  Twenty % or just enough to look intentional may work for me when being mannered suits. 

Bruce