Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: dgberg on April 17, 2011, 12:40:27 pm
-
I elected to do my first munki profile on photo chrome pearl since it is presently the only paper I have with no oem profile. I have been using the 7900/9900 Lexjet Metallic profile on the chrome paper with excellent results. I have attached the Color Think screen shot showing the differences in the two. The larger of the two is the Lexjet.
I am sure the Lexjet folks were using a professional profiling package well above the munki.
The 2 prints side by side do not visually show nearly what you might expect in the 2 profiles. The graph makes it look like you would see quite a difference in print.
I did not do a second profile to optomize and am sure more could be pulled out of the greens. I expected the first run to be almost identical.
Any thoughts.
In Color Think the new profile name comes up in Chinese. Anyone know how to reverse that?
-
Hi Dan,
I only have ColorThink 2.2, but inside the "Profile Inspector" function, there is a "Profile Renamer" function that allows you to modify both the "Internal Name", and the external file name seen by OS X. There's also a check-box for establishing the consistency and linkage between the two.
-
Christopher,
I also have the standard Color Think version. It is a new program for me,much to learn. I will go back in and read up on the profile renamer and establishing consisitency and linkage.
Thanks for the info.