Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 15, 2011, 07:21:27 pm

Title: My new point-and-shoot camera ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 15, 2011, 07:21:27 pm
My new point-and-shoot Camera:
 
No light meter.
No autofocus or even distance measurement.
Battery life: unlimited.
60*90 mm sensor.

This camera is plain fun!

(http://www.feldhaim.com/wp-content/gallery/casual-images-2011/img_1408.jpg)

One of my first images with it:

(http://www.feldhaim.com/script/timthumb.php?src=/wp-content/gallery/casual-images-2011/t-max-400-dualexp-noice-2k_03_0.jpg&w=1000&.jpg)

( Full article if anyone is interested:http://www.feldhaim.com/post/1159 (http://www.feldhaim.com/post/1159) )

Title: Re: My new point-and-shoot camera ...
Post by: louoates on April 15, 2011, 08:48:12 pm
Here's my point and shoot. Sorry I can't find the last shot I made of it because it was about 30 years ago. Sadly, the bellows is too fragile to use without light leaks. But the lens spring is still hardy and I do have the wood film holders should technology fail and black and white sheet film become the rage.
Title: Re: My new point-and-shoot camera ...
Post by: feppe on April 15, 2011, 08:53:23 pm
My new point-and-shoot Camera:
 
No light meter.
No autofocus or even distance measurement.
Battery life: unlimited.
60*90 mm sensor.

This camera is plain fun!

That's a good looking folder and good results. How's the sharpness? Is it sharp across the frame?. I've been considering an Ikonta for a while in the same format, although with a shorter lens.

That doesn't look like a model with a rangefinder? How do you focus?
Title: Re: My new point-and-shoot camera ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 15, 2011, 10:46:48 pm
That's a good looking folder and good results. How's the sharpness? Is it sharp across the frame?. I've been considering an Ikonta for a while in the same format, although with a shorter lens.

That doesn't look like a model with a rangefinder? How do you focus?
Focus= estimate and adjust the focus ring with distance marks. f 1:16 is my friend ....
I still have to test more in depth, but the lens now looks sharp after I removed all the fungus ...:D