Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: kers on April 12, 2011, 07:47:46 am

Title: Hahnemuhle finart glossy paper: which one works best on a HP Z3100
Post by: kers on April 12, 2011, 07:47:46 am
Hahnemuhle makes a lot of pearl and glossy papers all good but expensive.

However, Only few work well on the Z3100, especially in combination with the Gloss enhancer.

I have some good results with Photo Rag Baryta , but before i start buying an expensive bunch of paper I better ask here about experiences with the following papers..

- Fine Art Pearl 285gr

- Fine Art Baryta 325 grams

- Photo Rag Pearl 320grams

- Photo Rag Baryta 315grams

- Photo Rag Satin 310grams

- Baryta FB 350gr


anyone?

regards,

Pieter Kers
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle finart glossy paper: which one works best on a HP Z3100
Post by: meierm01 on April 12, 2011, 04:41:36 pm
On my Z3100, I've used:

Fine Art Pearl
Photo Rag Pearl
Photo Rag Baryta

By far the best results have come with Photo Rag Baryta using Gloss Enhancer, especially when printing B&W.
Of course, this is highly subjective and just my opinion.  ;)

mark meier
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle finart glossy paper: which one works best on a HP Z3100
Post by: brianrybolt on April 12, 2011, 05:47:12 pm
Hahnemuhle makes a lot of pearl and glossy papers all good but expensive.

However, Only few work well on the Z3100, especially in combination with the Gloss enhancer.

I have some good results with Photo Rag Baryta , but before i start buying an expensive bunch of paper I better ask here about experiences with the following papers..

- Fine Art Pearl 285gr

- Fine Art Baryta 325 grams

- Photo Rag Pearl 320grams

- Photo Rag Baryta 315grams

- Photo Rag Satin 310grams

- Baryta FB 350gr


anyone?

regards,

Pieter Kers

How do YOU define Best?

Brian
Title: Re: Hahnemuhle finart glossy paper: which one works best on a HP Z3100
Post by: kers on April 12, 2011, 07:12:17 pm
How do YOU define Best?
Brian

For me best is that it works with the printer and gloss enhancer; resulting in NO gloss differential or bronzing.
The rest is more subjective.

I have noticed that papers are usually made towards Epson printers for they are still the more common.
I just tried again some prints on Photo Rag Baryta and that paper really works very well with the z3100 and its gloss enamel.

Personally I like it a lot with black and white. With colour for me its much less special.
At the moment i try all the mentioned papers to choose from ( sample packs) and then want to do some black and white printing on it.