Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: jeff_singer on April 11, 2011, 10:54:27 pm

Title: MacBook Pro Non-Replaceable Battery On Location...
Post by: jeff_singer on April 11, 2011, 10:54:27 pm
I just wanted to see what people are doing with their MacBook Pros that have non-replaceable batteries when shooting on location without a power source.  I just bought a 2011 15" MBP and I'm getting about 3 hours of battery life... assuming there is something wrong with my MBP (which I'm taking in to have checked) the MBP is only get a rated 7 hours of battery life and that's only for "web surfing with display at 50% brightness" according to Apple.  That's far from enough for a day of tethered shooting on location.

This is worse than my old 2008 MBP battery which got 3-4 hours easily... and then I only needed to have a couple extra in my bag to last a day.
Title: Re: MacBook Pro Non-Replaceable Battery On Location...
Post by: Ken Bennett on April 12, 2011, 07:09:40 am
Rob Galbraith's review of the new Paul Buff Vagabond battery pack talks about using it with a Macbook Air. He got about triple the life over the internal battery:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-11314-11226

(second page)
Title: Re: MacBook Pro Non-Replaceable Battery On Location...
Post by: digitaldog on April 12, 2011, 10:11:03 am
I have a HyperMac battery which works great:
http://www.hypershop.com/HyperMac-External-Battery-for-MacBook-iPad-iPhone-USB-s/91.htm