Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 09, 2011, 03:30:11 pm

Title: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 09, 2011, 03:30:11 pm
Its cherry blossom time here - so i thought I'd go for a walk this morning ...
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 09, 2011, 03:36:42 pm
One more ...
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 09, 2011, 03:42:02 pm
And a last one ...
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: shutterpup on April 09, 2011, 11:07:02 pm
I prefer the abstraction of the last one.
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: popnfresh on April 09, 2011, 11:23:53 pm
I like them all, but the first one stands out for me. The composition is classically beautiful and the quality of light you captured is breathtaking. Very good work.
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: wolfnowl on April 10, 2011, 12:55:11 am
I like them all, but the composition of the third one is my favourite.  Hey, everyone gets an opinion!

Mike.
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 10, 2011, 03:00:55 am
Hey thanks -You saved my day!
Chronically suffering from the over self criticism syndrome it always makes me happy if I get a spontaneous positive feedback.

When I was out there, at about 10.00 a.m., 80% of the people running around there were photogs ....

Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: jule on April 12, 2011, 04:29:56 am
One more ...

I think this one would look amazing HUGE... about 5feet across. Looking up to the textures and colours of the blossom I think would be amazing.

Julie
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 12, 2011, 06:28:38 am
I think this one would look amazing HUGE... about 5feet across. Looking up to the textures and colours of the blossom I think would be amazing.

Julie

Yeah - thats also my favourite from the series.
I wish I had had an MFDB or my Mamiya Univesal with me ... so its only the resolution powers of my awesome S95 ...
But I'll get a loaned Hassy4d-40 over easter - maybe I have luck and I can find some blossoms - but I expect the season to be over then ...  >:(
Title: Re: Cherry Blossom Season in Hamburg
Post by: Ken Bennett on April 12, 2011, 09:58:05 pm
I like the third one because I am a sucker for backlit flowers, and I always like the sun shining through the trees. But the composition of the first one, with the winding path, is first rate.