Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rickruss on April 09, 2011, 12:05:42 am

Title: Space requirement for Epson 3880
Post by: rickruss on April 09, 2011, 12:05:42 am
I am in the midst of construction of workspace for digital post processsing.  I will have a 24" deep desktop with cabinets above it.  My question: for an Epson 3880, is 30" of clearance above the desktop sufficient?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Rick Russell
[email protected]
Title: Re: Space requirement for Epson 3880
Post by: Rusty on April 09, 2011, 01:09:34 am
Yes
With the back feed opened to maximum it is about 20" vertical from the top of counter. 30" will leave lots of room to feed 22" sheets
Title: Re: Space requirement for Epson 3880
Post by: Peter Mellis on April 10, 2011, 11:45:29 am
I'm not near my printer (3800) so I can't measure it, but you have consider enough space to feed from the back (if you are going to use that feed). The height gives you clearance for the auto feed; you'll have to turn the printer to use the lower feed in the back.