Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: lhodaniel on April 08, 2011, 12:27:39 am
-
Hi all,
In spite of Microsoft's fix for this proble as early as Vista, I still sometimes lose display profile during slideshows. The computer in question is a Dell Studio 15 with an ATI 4650M video card. The setup is internal monitor as monitor 1 and a projector connected as monitor 2 via VGA (unfortunately the only choice for this projector.) Software is Lightroom 3.3 64-bit. Profiles are made with an i1Extreme with Match. (I just signed up for my i1Publish upgrade today.) I'm currently using logo loader but I think I've also had the problem with Win 7's LUT loader. I can reload easier with logo via a shortcut.
Do you Mac guys have to put up with this running a projector on a MacBook Pro, for example?
Lloyd
-
I followed these ideas and it helped solve a similar problem I had with two monitors, one of which would not load the profile correctly.
http://www.pusztaiphoto.com/articles/colormgmt/win7/
-
Do you Mac guys have to put up with this running a projector on a MacBook Pro, for example?
I’ve never experienced this. Now on the Mac, there is a “profile” (EDID) that downloads from the projector and shows up for selection but one builds an actual profile with the Beamer.
-
Just to complement what's already said, sometimes Win7 LUT loader isn't enough to solve this problem. On my Lenovo notebook I had also to remove OneKey Theater button application (which eventually changes LUT between 3 builtin and horrible ones) and to disable igfxpers.exe through MSConfig startup files. This application seems to be responsible for some detailed settings (and in many cases useless ones) into Intel HD Graphics drivers and resets LUT after suspend, hibernation, logon, logoff and many other actions.