Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: DougBG on March 29, 2011, 08:36:04 pm
-
Modern prints with a 200 year longevity under glass also have a pretty good life expectancy with no protection at all. Who supplies a frameless/glassless system which uses a ceiling mount and wire/cable/nylon hanging system? If a customer is properly informed about the risks and benefits - why not?
-
well, there is this......
http://www.posterhanger.com/index.html
which you could then use on these.......
ashanging.com
-
No fame, no glass, plenty of edge curling!
You can see examples of those hanger things in half the windows down at the mall. I would put the longevity in a house environment at a few years, tops. The edge curling increases dramatically with time as gravity stresses gradually concentrate on the center vertical portion of the print from stretching, as the edges curl. A bare print will also pick up everything that's in air from respiration by products to dust to cooking fumes.
-
Thumb tacks?
-
Thumb tacks?
Or for a less formal look, masking tape.
-
I started a thread a while back about cable hanging systems: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=49741.msg409838#msg409838.
Neil
-
well, there is this......
http://www.posterhanger.com/index.html
which you could then use on these.......
ashanging.com
This system might work with canvas.Can a dry mounted canvas work with this system?
-
I doubt it. the channel would probably have to be milled out to accommodate even the thickness of the canvas and then the backing would make it too thick.
-
I've been using a similar system for many years made for inexpensive plastic conduit used for electrical wiring. It's available in several diameters. I cut it to length, and then run through table saw to cut the slit. Use crack and peel mounting board cut to about 3 /8" on back of the prints.
Could easily be used with canvas, if it doesn't curl at the edges.