Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on March 27, 2011, 06:50:54 pm

Title: New PC: Installing CS5?
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on March 27, 2011, 06:50:54 pm
I presently have CS5 on my desktop, and my travel notebook. I am about ready to get a new state of the art PC to better handle my medium format files. I know I must deactivate Photoshop before attempting to install it on my new PC. The new PC will have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. To take avantage of 64 bit, do I need to do anything special in reinstalling? I have the disk for CS5 upgrade. I have always upgraded, and left the previous  version on my PC, so the install process, I assume, determines it is indeed an upgrade. Since this will be a new install, will I have any problems?
Thanks in advance
Dave
Title: Re: New PC: Installing CS5?
Post by: PeterAit on March 27, 2011, 08:57:01 pm
Nothing special. The installer will install both the 32 and 64 bit versions. Some people still need the 32 bit version for compatibility with plug-ins.
Title: Re: New PC: Installing CS5?
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on March 27, 2011, 11:48:12 pm
Nothing special. The installer will install both the 32 and 64 bit versions. Some people still need the 32 bit version for compatibility with plug-ins.
\Thanks Peter. I do have a bunch of plug-ins.
Dave
Title: Re: New PC: Installing CS5?
Post by: mcbroomf on March 29, 2011, 02:17:45 pm
As you have the upgrade disk and are installing on a new build it will ask you to input your s/n from the previous version you upgraded from.  You don't need to install it though.