Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Roberto Frieri on March 27, 2011, 04:09:10 pm
-
See more images and details: http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110326T144015.html (http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110326T144015.html)
#1
(http://web.mac.com/frieri/img/L1000604DNGp.jpg)
#2
(http://web.mac.com/frieri/img/L1000624DNGp.jpg)
#3
(http://web.mac.com/frieri/img/L1000614DNGp.jpg)
#4
(http://web.mac.com/frieri/img/L1000617DNGp.jpg)
-
Roberto
I thought I was the Vignette King around here, but you are obviously out to steal my crown ;)
Of the four pictures, I prefer #1 and #4, and probably #1 the best. #4 is fine, but quite conventionally framed, whereas #1 is a more "difficult" composition which asks more of the viewer and I like it all the more for that. The boat shots are OK, but I really don't like modern GRP yachts and so I find the subject puts me off. But you have a good consistent style and mood in all of them, and a clear artistic direction. That is great, and not too common in the work which gets shown here.
John
-
You have a good eye for composition and light. Your B&W tonalities are beautiful. I like all of these images, but #1 is special. Good work.
-
...you have a good consistent style and mood in all of them, and a clear artistic direction. That is great, and not too common in the work which gets shown here...
:-[
You have a good eye for composition and light. Your B&W tonalities are beautiful...
:-[ :-[
Well, thank you very much!
-
While I agree with the good criticism above, the first thing that comes to my mind when I see those pictures is "whoa, what a vignetting!". Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against vignetting as a tool when properly used, but in my humble opinion you have abused that effect in your photographs, to the point that it grabs all the attention.
Just my two cents.
-
i think # 1 is special because of the vignette and would be very good as a stand alone print.
Reminds me of the view out of a few portholes in the early morning.
Frank
-
.. I have nothing against vignetting as a tool when properly used, but ... you have abused that effect in your photographs, to the point that it grabs all the attention...
Yes, maybe you are right. Thank you Edu for your opinion.
i think # 1 is special because of the vignette and would be very good as a stand alone print.
Reminds me of the view out of a few portholes in the early morning.
Thank you Frank