Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on March 26, 2011, 08:07:09 pm

Title: The steady one
Post by: armand on March 26, 2011, 08:07:09 pm
from my Everglades/Tampa shots.

PS. Just in case there will be questions I didn't touch the color (no vibrance or saturation)
Title: Re: The steady one
Post by: popnfresh on March 26, 2011, 10:26:13 pm
It's kind of eerie. I like it.
Title: Re: The steady one
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 27, 2011, 01:39:06 pm
from my Everglades/Tampa shots.

PS. Just in case there will be questions I didn't touch the color (no vibrance or saturation)
I like it, too.

Jeremy

PS: I really wish you'd get rid of the animation you use for an avatar. I do appreciate the reference to Sisyphus but I find the movement very distracting.
Title: Re: The steady one
Post by: armand on March 27, 2011, 02:40:02 pm
Quote
PS: I really wish you'd get rid of the animation you use for an avatar. I do appreciate the reference to Sisyphus but I find the movement very distracting.

Happy now?  ;D  I'm usually far less amenable to critique (especially as I'm using this avatar on a different forum for 8 years) but I realize that this is a photography forum and it can be distracting.

I have few other versions of this shot, as initially I was aiming for ghosts only on the beach, but this appeals to me more than the others. Here is an example of the other versions.
Title: Re: The steady one
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 27, 2011, 05:55:19 pm
Happy now?  ;D  I'm usually far less amenable to critique (especially as I'm using this avatar on a different forum for 8 years) but I realize that this is a photography forum and it can be distracting.

I have few other versions of this shot, as initially I was aiming for ghosts only on the beach, but this appeals to me more than the others. Here is an example of the other versions.
Thank you, Sir!

I prefer the first one. The problem with making the ghosts too faint is that they look messy rather than intentional.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The steady one
Post by: armand on March 28, 2011, 07:37:07 pm
Yes, I also prefer the first one. As I said although I was looking for the second version the camera display was good enough to convince me otherwise, so I started to hunt for groups that were taking their time on the beach and not just walking. Most of them had a photographer in the group that was moving the least, as in the first shot that I posted.
Title: Re: The steady one
Post by: Justan on April 02, 2011, 10:49:04 am
I like the first one. It’s one of the few shots here recently that shows some imagination as part of the composition. The colors are great, too.