Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on March 26, 2011, 05:25:47 pm

Title: Everglades - Day 1
Post by: armand on March 26, 2011, 05:25:47 pm
Continuing to post some of my shots from my recent kayak trip to Everglades.
Title: Re: Everglades - Day 1
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 27, 2011, 01:42:25 pm
The first doesn't do anything for me. I like the second but there are haloes around the trees, which is distracting. I'd expected, before I looked at them full-size, to prefer the b&w version of the third shot, since I generally prefer b&w, but I think the colour works really well: the light is lovely.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Everglades - Day 1
Post by: armand on March 27, 2011, 02:14:25 pm
Quote
I like the second but there are haloes around the trees, which is distracting
Unfortunately the light didn't help at all, it is taken from the kayak with a Canon S90 and the sun was still quite high. I played with it in b&w and I think the halos are there because I pushed the purple channel to -100%. Here is another version with purple at only -40%. All of these done in LR3.