Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Rob C on March 23, 2011, 04:16:05 pm
-
I'm currently going mad with a new development in my old PS system.
When I make a mask in order to protect parts of the image so that only unprotected bits are altered, I have suddenly found that the marching ants appear as usual when I switch away from Quick Mask mode to Standard mode, but if I try to alter anything, by using Curves, for example, the protected bits are no longer protected, and everything is altered as if masking had not been applied. Them ants still march, but they ain't doin' nuttin'.
Does anyone know how this might have come about, and how to revert back to normal masking and working?
I have uninstalled PS and then installed it again, but the problem persists.
Rob C
-
I'm only on CS 5...
-
Rob, two possible answers. Are you clicking on the layer instead of the mask? Also when you bring up the curves layer then tick the > Use Previous Layer to Create layer Mask. I assume when you activate the curves it is an adjustment layer you are activating and not just > Image > Adjustments > Curves. :) ;D I am also using PS5 so part of the answer might not be helpful.
-
Hi stamper
Did a re-set to an earlier date and then some more messing around and the function's back. Oddly, PS is usually in Spanish, though for a brief while long ago it was in English; it has now reverted to English and is causing some slight confusion: I've become accustomed to thinking the functions in Spanish and they feel strange in my own language now! Oh well, all's well etc. etc.! It doesn't seem to work in conjunction with the language slot at the bottom of the desktop; it has a mind entirely its own.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Here's a quickie from a set a week or so ago, just to show it works. 2.8/135 Nikkor manual wide open, I think.
Rob C
-
Rob,
I'm glad you got your PS6 working again.
And I hope your computer doesn't start translating my post into Espagnol.
Eric