Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: justiny on March 23, 2011, 11:34:28 am

Title: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: justiny on March 23, 2011, 11:34:28 am
Hi
I get an error message, ID 19:1 error, with my 100 HC 2.2
How do I fix it?
Or is there any cheap and reliable place to fix it?

Thanks

Justin
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: BobDavid on March 23, 2011, 11:39:24 am
Try cleaning the contacts on the lens with a pink eraser.
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: justiny on March 23, 2011, 12:49:30 pm
is it that simple?
If it works, you are my lifesaver.  :)
I will try in a few hours.

BR
Justin
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: justiny on March 23, 2011, 08:15:16 pm
it's not working.
Is there anything else before sending it to Hassel?
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: BobDavid on March 23, 2011, 08:21:41 pm
Have you tried removing the prism, battery, back, and lens, and then putting everything back together again before restarting?
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: justiny on March 23, 2011, 08:27:48 pm
yes. same error msg
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: Nick-T on March 23, 2011, 08:54:53 pm
If the contacts on lens and body are clean and the lens is fully locked on then I would suspect a shutter issue.
Nick-T
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: chiek on March 24, 2011, 02:02:45 am
I think your shutter condition is bad.
1st, Check your battery. Lower Ampere cause this case.
If not solved, check your shutter. In this case, your shutter will die soon.
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: justiny on March 24, 2011, 08:10:32 am
Thank you for your insight first.
How do I check the shutter?
Can you more specific?
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: donaldt on March 24, 2011, 09:51:40 am
have you dropped the lens before?
my friend dropped his HC zoom (got a dent on the body of the lens too) and kinda end up with the same situation as yours
didnt happen immediately but a week or so after it happening

perhaps the shutter is dead?
how many clicks is on it?
if its over the guaranteed 100k then you might need to service it
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: Peter Devos on March 25, 2011, 07:34:16 am
Who guarantees 100K exposures on a lensschutter?????
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on March 25, 2011, 07:46:18 am
Who guarantees 100K exposures on a lensschutter?????

Hasselblad.

That is the suggested service interval.
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on March 25, 2011, 08:17:12 am
Thank you for your insight first.
How do I check the shutter?
Can you more specific?


Hi Justin,

It sounds like you would be best served giving the service centre a call.

Where are you based?

David
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: justiny on March 25, 2011, 10:51:26 am
Thank you all.   :D

Little over 68,000 actuations.
Maybe it's time to get a service.  :-\

Any idea about the cost?

Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: David Grover / Capture One on March 27, 2011, 02:51:03 am
Thank you all.   :D

Little over 68,000 actuations.
Maybe it's time to get a service.  :-\

Any idea about the cost?



Justin,

There is a fixed service price for the shutter replacement.  But it would really help if we knew where you were based.

All these answers could be got from the service centre in one phone call?

David
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: donaldt on March 27, 2011, 05:37:58 am
Thank you all.   :D

Little over 68,000 actuations.
Maybe it's time to get a service.  :-\

Any idea about the cost?



last time I asked it was something like 630USD here in Hong Kong

I wonder after the replacement does the shutter count go back to zero?
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: Dustbak on March 27, 2011, 05:49:36 am
Yes
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: rem on March 27, 2011, 12:23:52 pm
Hi, I have with my brand new 120mm II Macro  the same error message (plus others). When I look trough the lens, I see the shutter "hanging in the middle". You can see her a picture:

http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,1448.30.html

I lost a little bit the trust in the Hassy shutters. On my (not yet one year old 80/2.8, about 2000 actuations) i have the 3. shutter, on my also very new 28mm the second and only the 35-90mm works fine till now. And yes, I handle the Hassygear like eggs. Maybe this is the fault...;-)
rem
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: ehtkhr on May 23, 2014, 08:11:02 am
I'm in the same boat.  Just over a year old 120mm lens and I just started getting the error.  Last shot of the day but I have to get it up and running for Monday to start again.  Sounds like I'm scr**ed
Title: Re: Hasselblad Lens Error Message
Post by: Joe Towner on May 23, 2014, 12:16:57 pm
That whole translate error codes to legit troubleshooting steps is missing from Hasselblad.  I had an issue with a rented HC50-110 - Lens Error ID 69:2 and 69:9 - and all they could suggest prior to sending it in was to clean the contacts with alcohol.  Still waiting to hear what it was.