Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mstevensphoto on March 20, 2011, 03:36:43 pm
-
Hi all,
I'm pretty pleased with the ease of doing wraps on the EasyWrappe system I get from breathing color (same thing is sold under other names). I'm curious to know how anyone else using the same thing is treating the back of your canvas wrap. If you follow the instructions on the kit you cut right to the edge or the frame so nothing wraps onto what will be the wall side of the wrap. I dislike this sharp edge and have been leaving extra and stapling it to the back of the frame and then covering with framing paper for a polished look. The only thing is that I've kind of defeated the purpose of the kit (except that it's soooo easy to line up) by stapling to the back. with all of the staples and tugging I just as wel be stretching my own wraps around cheaper frames. so I'm curious, how do you finish off the backs of your wraps?
thanks!
Mark
-
I like the system too. It's easier and looks better than "traditional" stretching, in my opinion. I haven't tried wrapping onto the back, but I imagine it would look more "finished". However, my customers like them in "floater" frames... which makes wrapping the back a non-issue.
-
I wrapped without cutting off the excess canvas and stapled to the back with an ordinary staple gun, just as you did. It does look great, but I'd assumed I'd need some sort of a stretcher to make this work without the EasyWrappe system.
I'm curious--how are you stretching your own wraps, and what kind of price difference are you seeing with cheaper frames?
Thanks,
-Brad
-
Brad, I use traditional stretcher frames from the art store - they come in anywhere from the same price to half depending on the thickness. I've built some 16x20's out of select pine or poplar to try it.