Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on March 17, 2011, 09:34:06 am

Title: Sleeping Lion
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on March 17, 2011, 09:34:06 am
Hi all,

Taken a few days ago of a public statue in near darkness (I was bored and so any subject would do kind of thing) - hand held, very high ISO, grainy and a bit out of focus/soft.

But, for some reason I like it..

What do you think, should I hit the delete key..?

Photobloke
Title: Re: Sleeping Lion
Post by: John R Smith on March 17, 2011, 11:11:36 am
Well

Personally I don't mind the soft focus, but I do feel that you have framed it awfully tight on the left-hand side. I would have stepped back just a couple of feet, I think. It's a nice subject, and a great mood.

John
Title: Re: Sleeping Lion
Post by: Andres Bonilla on March 17, 2011, 02:03:51 pm
I love the mood and even though is a little tight I still like it a lot.
Title: Re: Sleeping Lion
Post by: popnfresh on March 17, 2011, 05:06:24 pm
+1 for it being a little too tight on the left side. Otherwise, I like the composition. You very nearly nailed it.
Title: Re: Sleeping Lion
Post by: ckimmerle on March 17, 2011, 05:58:40 pm
I like the framing on the left. Adding any more would unbalance the left-right part of the composition. My only issue with the photo, which isn't a bad pic at all, is that the wide arc (I think it's a leg) in the lower part of the frame is a very strong and distracting shape. As much as I know it pains many of you to read this, I think it needs to be cropped up a bit to reduce that shapes impact.

Chuck
Title: Re: Sleeping Lion
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 18, 2011, 12:15:46 am
I'm with Chuck on this. (Sorry, Russ.)

Eric
Title: Re: Sleeping Lion
Post by: wolfnowl on March 18, 2011, 01:17:29 am
I'm with John here.  A little tight on the left, but otherwise I like it.

Hey, everyone gets an opinion!

Mike.
Title: Re: Sleeping Lion
Post by: francois on March 18, 2011, 08:23:54 am
I like the tight crop but for me, it's a tiny bit too tight on the left of the image.