Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: bobtowery on March 15, 2011, 01:08:36 pm
-
Great article, Michael. Seems like a real alternative to heavy/expensive/bulky mega telephotos.
The Caldera Ridges image is one of the nicest images posted on this site lately (IMHO). A true "luminous landscape."
Thanks as always!
Bob.
-
Thanks Bob.
I've always liked highly compressed (layered) landscapes. Being able to shoot at 1000mm+ really makes them zing.
I really like this one as well because it was taken near sunset from the roof terrace of my house here in San Miguel, with a glass of wine in my hand. :)
Who says you have to suffer for your art!
Michael
-
Who says you have to suffer for your art!
Alexandre Buisse!
I'll bet there was a little sweat equity in his current home page image:
http://www.alexandrebuisse.org/ (http://www.alexandrebuisse.org/)
I too very much like the image Michael. If my calendar is on the right month you should be back or back soon. Now please get working on a San Miguel book! Can I pre-order??
Dave
-
I'll be back in Canada by mid-April.
As for an SMA book, not quite yet. Maybe in a couple of years after I've lived here a bit longer.
Michael
-
This San Whatisname looks like a nice place with lots of 'photo opportunities'....so why not stay there! You shoud always reinforce success!
...........I've never been to Canada but when I asked a friend what it was like he was not impressed...."Belgium with mountains" was the key phrase as I remember.....
-
Alexandre Buisse!
I'll bet there was a little sweat equity in his current home page image:
http://www.alexandrebuisse.org/ (http://www.alexandrebuisse.org/)
Thankfully, I wasn't the one doing most of the sweating!
-
Thankfully, I wasn't the one doing most of the sweating!
Yes sir, but there are usually less glasses of good wine in such places... and even if you can find one, there are also more morons to put some ice in it. ;)