Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ed Vatza on March 13, 2011, 05:44:58 pm
-
Image made approximately 45 minutes before sunrise with my Canon 5D MkII and 24-70 mm f/2.8L lens @ 35 mm, tripod mounted, of course. Exposure was 5 minutes (302 seconds) at f/22; ISO 100; 0 EV.
After starting off with the two grunged up images from Eastern State Penitentiary as my first posts here, I just want to say that (for better or worse) this image is more representative of my larger body of work.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Ed Vatza
Ed Vatza Photography
www.edvatza.com
-
I like it. Nice composition.
That said:
I'd maybe like a bit more shadow detail in the pile of rocks in the center,
since its such a mighty element.
And maybe the rays or the light star could be slightly less pronounced.
And I see a halo on the roof ...
-
Appreciate the suggestions, Christoph. I did pull some detail out of the rocks. Maybe a little more might be possible. I like the light star the way it is. And, for what it's worth, the halo stems from a light on the far side of the structure which resulted in a backlighting type of halo. Not sure what I could do with that and, truth be told, I kinda like it but that's me.
Again thanks for taking the time to respond, Christoph.
Regards,
Ed Vatza
Ed Vatza Photography
www.edvatza.com
-
I also think that those rocks are too prominent at the center of the frame, and should either have more detail or be moved to a less visible position; perhaps the lower right part of the image is too empty, but I could not find a suitable crop. Just my two cents.
-
... but I could not find a suitable crop.
Edu, Instead of a crop, what you need is a bulldozer so you can get out there and move those rocks.
-
Jersey shots abound! Beautiful image. Thanks for showing a good side of our fine state.
-
Edu, Instead of a crop, what you need is a bulldozer so you can get out there and move those rocks.
What about just placing the camera somewhere else...?