Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Hellstan on March 11, 2011, 05:05:58 pm

Title: Z3100 warranty
Post by: Hellstan on March 11, 2011, 05:05:58 pm
Z3100 is 3 years old. Moderately used. Now HP proposes to extend warranty for year 4 and 5.
Price is steep : 900 €/year.
Is it worth it, really ?
Title: Re: Z3100 warranty
Post by: Dward on March 11, 2011, 05:13:33 pm
I have one of the earliest z3100 machines, and I chose to get the extended warranty because I had read that the belt was likely to begin decaying after 3-4 years, and that changing it was a pain.   

I was glad I did---indeed the belt began to decay and drop pieces on prints after about 3.5 years, and in addition, the power supply went.   Then the carriage needed replacing.

I'd say I got my money's worth out of the warranty :)  I now have an essentially rebuilt machine.

David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
David V. Ward Fine Art Photography