Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Roberto Frieri on March 08, 2011, 03:54:34 am

Title: Seasonal lake
Post by: Roberto Frieri on March 08, 2011, 03:54:34 am
Loppio Lake in Trentino (Italy).
See 10 more images and details: http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110302T222518.html (http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110302T222518.html)

Leica M8 + Biogon 2/35

#1
(http://web.mac.com/frieri/img/L1000660DNGp.jpg)

#2
(http://web.mac.com/frieri/img/L1000639DNGp.jpg)
Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: John R Smith on March 08, 2011, 04:36:59 am
Roberto

I really like both of these, nice work. I have a fondness for reflections too, like many others. This looks like a magical location.

John
Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: popnfresh on March 08, 2011, 04:58:30 am
These are both quite lovely. #1 especially reminds me of some of the early impressionistic landscapes of Edward Steichen.
Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: John R Smith on March 08, 2011, 10:42:04 am
Yes, Steichen indeed. And here in the UK, Edwin Smith could come up with this sort of thing, usually with a stately home in the background. And that Leitz (Zeiss?) 35mm Biogon does have a glorious richness of tone, a nice focal length for landscape work. I guess on the M8 it will come out pretty much equivalent to a standard 50mm lens?

John
Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: shutterpup on March 08, 2011, 12:12:58 pm
+1 for #1
Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: Roberto Frieri on March 08, 2011, 03:37:40 pm
Thank you all.

...that Leitz (Zeiss?) 35mm Biogon ... I guess on the M8 it will come out pretty much equivalent to a standard 50mm lens?
John

Combined with Leica M8 (with a 1.3 crop factor), the Zeiss Biogon has an effective focal length of 46 mm, similar to the standard 50 mm.

Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: Roberto Frieri on March 08, 2011, 03:40:16 pm
One more:

#3
(http://web.mac.com/frieri/img/L1000658DNGp.jpg)
Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 08, 2011, 05:53:45 pm
I like #3 best of the very nice series.

Eric
Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: wolfnowl on March 09, 2011, 12:39:06 am
Really like #3, but I'd remove whatever's half-way down the right edge.  The powerlines are a little distracting, but unless you have CS5 there's not much to be done there...

Mike.
Title: Re: Seasonal lake
Post by: Roberto Frieri on March 10, 2011, 08:09:57 am
Thank you Eric and Mike.