Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: David Sutton on March 08, 2011, 03:03:38 am

Title: Finsterwolde, Netherlands
Post by: David Sutton on March 08, 2011, 03:03:38 am
Hi folks. Three from a recent visit to Holland, probably looking towards Germany. I hadn't realised how open the countryside can be when there are few fences. Thanks for viewing.
Title: Re: Finsterwolde, Netherlands
Post by: wolfnowl on March 08, 2011, 02:44:25 pm
All good, but the third is my favourite.  The first two are bisected by a road or some such, and if there's a road there's a way to get from 'here' to 'there' quickly.  That's absent from the third image, which leaves the (metaphorical) field wide open.  Also the person walking provides a great sense of scale.

Mike.
Title: Re: Finsterwolde, Netherlands
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 08, 2011, 05:55:42 pm
I'm with Mike on this one. Very nice.

Eric
Title: Re: Finsterwolde, Netherlands
Post by: Patricia Sheley on March 08, 2011, 09:31:13 pm
I too like the skater...and the trees to right...oh...there are barns buildings in. there. I just like the way the skater feels in his surrounds...a nice light.
Title: Re: Finsterwolde, Netherlands
Post by: David Sutton on March 09, 2011, 04:18:22 pm
Thanks all for the comments. Mike, I realise posting has been a good exercise as things show up on a small scale that I don't always see in a large print. Which seems unreasonable but there you go. The strips on the first two are left-over harvest. I may start by removing it in the first image and re-print and this time stand right back and compare the two.
David