Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: David Sutton on March 07, 2011, 01:26:50 am

Title: NEC PA 271. How do I check it's condition?
Post by: David Sutton on March 07, 2011, 01:26:50 am
Hi folks.  I'm trying to evaluate the extent of damage to a PA 271. How do I check it out to know whether to claim it on insurance? I've re-calibrated with the SpectraView II and here are the results. First screenshot is the summary and second is the delta E. Left panel in each shot is from the original calibration done when new, and the second is yesterday's results. The average delta E is down but the maximum is up, and the contrast ratio seems to be halved. Any advice appreciated.
David
Title: Re: NEC PA 271. How do I check it's condition?
Post by: Mark D Segal on March 07, 2011, 10:09:34 pm
You don't say what triggered the damage it. This strikes me as a tech support issue which you should probably raise with NEC, as the large increase in maximum dE and the big drop in contrast ratio would indicate that something of a physical nature happened to it.
Title: Re: NEC PA 271. How do I check it's condition?
Post by: David Sutton on March 08, 2011, 12:37:51 am
Thanks for replying Mark. I've sent you a PM
Title: Re: NEC PA 271. How do I check it's condition?
Post by: Mark D Segal on March 08, 2011, 12:44:34 am
Got it and replied. Thanks David.