Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Brian Hirschfeld on March 01, 2011, 02:54:43 pm
-
I am looking to buy this lens, does anyone have any experience using it? if so do you like it, what do you use it for? thanks
-
I am looking to buy this lens, does anyone have any experience using it? if so do you like it, what do you use it for? thanks
I used to own one. Very good lens optically. Unfortunately my copy had a bad differential dilatation issue relative to the mount of my ZD body. It was hard to get electric contact in subzero temperatures.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Oh darn. All those times I'm in subzero degree whether it won't work. Thank you that was helpful, do you have any samples from the lens you wouldn't mind sharing? thanks,
also how was the autofocus? about the same as the rest of the line? thanks,
-
Lens worked great for me in cold weather. turn off everything auto, but that's the point never ever use auto. Very sharp lens. T
-
We just finished a workshop in the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley where morning temps were down to 5* F (-15* C). All totaled, there were 4 300 AF's, and all of them worked just fine on their respective DF bodies in those temps.
FWIW there does seem to be some slight sample variation in them -- the best are as laser sharp wide open as they are stopped down a few.
Cheers,
-
I used it in Antarctica with no ill effects. And yes, Auto too.