Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ivan muller on March 01, 2011, 11:18:39 am
-
hi, I am trying to download the Hahnemuhle profiles(not the HP Hahnemuhle profiles) as found on the HP website, for my HP B9180 printer running on Windows 7 64 bit. I cant get the profiles to show on the printer software but they do show up on the colour management side(if thats the right term). I phoned the local Hp help desk and was told that these profiles don't work with Win 7. Is that correct? Does anyone know how I can get these profiles to show on the printer software? I am trying to see what the Hahnemuhle baryta papers look like before I go and buy a whole roll for my Z2100...
Regards, Ivan
-
Why wouldn't you download the profiles directly from this Hahnemuhle site (http://www.hahnemuehle.com/site/us/472/hewlett-packard.html#kat64)? Did they give you a reason the profiles would not work with Win7? I've downloaded numerous profiles for my Epson 3880 and never had a Win7 issue.
-
Ok thanks will give it a try....
-
It sounds like HP did the same thing re the B9180 that they did re my 7960; they dropped application-based ICC color management from the Win 7 printer driver. I confirmed this with HP. With the Win 7 driver for my printer, there is no option to select a custom profile. Now, my printer that used to make very nice prints with a custom profile under XP doesn't even get it right with HP paper. The only color management choices in the driver now are "Colorsmart/sRGB" and AdobeRGB. Therefore, no ProPhoto via an ICC profile. Frankly, I’m a bit shocked that HP would dumb down the B9180 driver as much as they did mine (if that's what they did).
-
It sounds like HP did the same thing re the B9180 that they did re my 7960; they dropped application-based ICC color management from the Win 7 printer driver [...] Frankly, I’m a bit shocked that HP would dumb down the B9180 driver as much as they did mine (if that's what they did).
I can confirm that this is not the case for the B9180. You still have the option of selecting 'application managed color' under Windows 7.
Christian
-
I agree with Christian. I've been using my custom profiles with both Windows XP on my laptop and Windows 7 64x on my desktop without any problems. Just select "Application managed colors" in the HP printer driver and select your custom profile in PS or whatever software you are using to print from.
Kurt Sonderegger