Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: keith_cooper on February 23, 2011, 02:27:30 pm

Title: Looking at Nik HDR Efex - review
Post by: keith_cooper on February 23, 2011, 02:27:30 pm
I've been having a look at Nik HDR Efex - very much written from the POV of someone who finds a lot of posted HDR images quite horrid to look at :-)  (YMMV ;-)

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/plugins/nik_hdr.html (http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/plugins/nik_hdr.html)

After some initial tests, I was not best taken with some of the rather unsubtle 'preset' adjustments. However after experimenting with use of control points and some night-time black and white shots, it's definitely a lot more useful.

Hope it's of interest!
Title: Re: Looking at Nik HDR Efex - review
Post by: wolfnowl on February 25, 2011, 01:01:34 am
I'm NOT an 'HDR-look' person, and the canned presets don't do much for me.  Having said that, playing with the sliders does give some very good results, and I like the local adjustment tool.  I've tried Photomatix and I found the UI to be archaic; HDR-Efex Pro is much better in that respect.  YMMV!

Mike.