Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Josh-H on February 22, 2011, 06:32:12 am
-
Arctic sunset at Landmannalaugar in Iceland. A few notes on my blog about it as well http://blog.jholko.com/
Thoughts and comments welcome as always.
-
Josh-H,
I have heard that there are many wonders to capture in Iceland.
Looking at this shot would suggest the rumours to be true.
Knowing nothing of the region - excuse me to ask if the saturation was increased and how much.
The colours seems to wonderful to be true.
So interesting to see the rainbow splitting the clouds into a darker and lighter (bottom) regions.
Thanks for showing us.
-- Will Silent
-
Josh-H,
I have heard that there are many wonders to capture in Iceland.
Looking at this shot would suggest the rumours to be true.
Knowing nothing of the region - excuse me to ask if the saturation was increased and how much.
The colours seems to wonderful to be true.
So interesting to see the rainbow splitting the clouds into a darker and lighter (bottom) regions.
Thanks for showing us.
-- Will Silent
Thanks Will;
Indeed Iceland is magical.
the colours are real in this photograph. Although I dont intend to make a habit of it, I am attaching the history list of how I developed this shot. As you can see there is no saturation adjustment. There is vibrance however to bring up some of the more desaturated colour.
In this instance, most of the colour was restored simply by setting the correct black and white points. the histogram was quite clumped and expanding it has greatly increased the contrast.
Overall - its accurate as others who were with me can attest.
thanks again.
-
I'll personally confirm that the colors in Josh's photo look exactly like the real thing. Landmannalaugar really has those incredible colors, largely from the sulfur in the hot springs there.
I can't guarantee the rainbow colors, however, as it wasn't there when I was (in 1974).
Nice image, Josh!
Eric
-
Thank you Josh.
I was really just wondering if the colours were the true deal as to confirm what I have heard of Iceland.
Now I'm left speechless.