Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mvandenbos on February 21, 2011, 04:46:41 pm

Title: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: mvandenbos on February 21, 2011, 04:46:41 pm
Hi guys

Just wondering if I can call on your collective wisdom to source the best prices for some 17/24 inch rolls of both
Canson Infinity Platine Fibre Rag and Canson® Baryta Photographique 310gsm? I've found prices around 97 pounds + VAT for the 17 inch and about 125 + VAT for the 24 inch

Many thanks

Mehdi
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: brianrybolt on February 22, 2011, 12:38:06 pm
Better prices and very good service = http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/

Also at 'Fotospeed' if Firstcall is out of stock.  More expensive though.

Good luck,
Brian

Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: mac_paolo on February 11, 2012, 04:13:38 am
What about UK shops with international (EU) shipping that sell Canson Infinity Platine Rag?
I can't find the best price.  ???
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: MBMPhotography on February 11, 2012, 05:11:09 pm
This is where I buy it. They send it to Luxembourg quite quickly:
http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk/canson-infinity-digital-fine-art-inkjet-papers#Textured-FineArt
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 12, 2012, 03:33:54 am
I bought some paper from Squid Technology (http://www.squidtechnology.com/ci_pfr310.htm) recently. They were very good and their prices (which include VAT) are marginally better than those you mention.

Jeremy
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: brianrybolt on February 12, 2012, 05:16:49 am
Thanks for that info Jeremy.
Brian
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: mac_paolo on February 12, 2012, 05:34:41 am
I thought that large UK shops could have beaten italian prices, but it's not!  :o
Any other EU online shop with good prices? :)
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: Alistair on February 12, 2012, 07:32:09 am
I have used Squid and they are very good but currently use dpsb.co.uk which has 24inch 50 foot rolls of platine for £89.83 and baryta for £83.46, plus VAT plus £5.99 shipping. Last purchased Jan this year. 
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: artobest on February 12, 2012, 10:17:52 am
+1 for dpsb.co.uk. A proper company with good service and excellent prices - I bought my printer, display and scanner from them, and a lot of consummables over the years.
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: mac_paolo on February 13, 2012, 04:06:16 am
+1 for dpsb.co.uk. A proper company with good service and excellent prices - I bought my printer, display and scanner from them, and a lot of consummables over the years.
It seems a good reseller, however I had to send an email to get an estimate of the shipping cost for 50 A3+ sheets.
It's so "2002" to ask for it instead of having ready made estimates for weight/european country.
Still waiting for a response...  ::)
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: Alistair on February 13, 2012, 04:30:03 am
It seems a good reseller, however I had to send an email to get an estimate of the shipping cost for 50 A3+ sheets.
It's so "2002" to ask for it instead of having ready made estimates for weight/european country.
Still waiting for a response...  ::)

Well I am afraid that is a UK thing, we do not really 'get' the web here just yet. Really good ecommerce sites are a minority in the UK (private and govt sector) and I am afraid the dpsb is no exception - it is poorly designed and its speed is glacial - but worth it once conquered.
Title: Re: UK paper prices for Canson
Post by: mac_paolo on February 13, 2012, 05:47:24 am
Well I am afraid that is a UK thing, we do not really 'get' the web here just yet. Really good ecommerce sites are a minority in the UK (private and govt sector) and I am afraid the dpsb is no exception - it is poorly designed and its speed is glacial - but worth it once conquered.
I certainly do not buy fine art paper every day... nor every week... nor every month... well; you get the point :)
I'm happy to wait a couple of days if that translates in a good purchase.

I hope not to go OT but... what about Ilford paper?
I get 50 sheets of Gold Fibre Silk for 92€ (w/out S/H) here in Italy. Any better price abroad? :)