Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: christian_raae on February 20, 2011, 11:33:06 am

Title: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: christian_raae on February 20, 2011, 11:33:06 am
Hi,


I have a problem with my Hbl precision scanner. I can't figure out how to scan several negatives at once. When I feed in the 135 holder, it will only preview scan the first photo, and I just can't figure out how to both preview scan all the images, and then afterwards scan them in high resolution.
Now I'm cutting all my negs up one by one, and it's annoying when it comes to storage, and it's time consuming.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this :-)

Sincerely
Christian
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: Mark D Segal on February 20, 2011, 01:47:59 pm
What is an Hbl Precision Scanner - never heard of this product and it fails to emerge from a Google search. Are you sure this is what you meant?
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: christian_raae on February 20, 2011, 02:30:14 pm
Hi,

It's a Hasselblad Flextight Precision II.
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: DavorHorvatic on February 20, 2011, 02:54:08 pm
It is not Hasselblad, it is Imacon.
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with Imacon Flextight Precision II?
Post by: christian_raae on February 20, 2011, 03:01:52 pm
Yes, the correct name Imacon. Though I think most of the users who's able to help me with my issue, would be able to interpret what product I was referring to.


So, if anyone has experience with either Flexcolor or imacon/hasseblad scanners, who could contribute, I'd appreciate it :-)

 
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: Chris_Brown on February 20, 2011, 08:30:09 pm
I can't figure out how to scan several negatives at once. When I feed in the 135 holder, it will only preview scan the first photo, and I just can't figure out how to both preview scan all the images, and then afterwards scan them in high resolution.
Now I'm cutting all my negs up one by one, and it's annoying when it comes to storage, and it's time consuming.

I owned an Imacon Flextight II in the late 1990's and really disliked having to scan one image at a time. My solution was to get the strip film holders (they made two, one that held 3 6x6 frames and one that held 4 or 5 35mm frames) and try to scan groups of separate film frames as a single image. It wasn't the greatest though because the individual pieces of film could shift in the holder.

I assume the software has changed considerably, though. Do they provide a method for batch scanning?
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with Imacon Flextight Precision II?
Post by: stefohl on February 22, 2011, 11:26:50 am
So, if anyone has experience with either Flexcolor or imacon/hasseblad scanners, who could contribute, I'd appreciate it :-)

As far as I remember, there's always been a Batch scan option in the Flexcolor program. Still among the best scanner programs.
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: christian_raae on February 24, 2011, 03:49:41 pm
Hi again,

Thank you for your help.

I've tried to figure out how the batch option works, but some how I just can't get it to work.

Is there anywhere I can download a manual for Flexcolor? I've looked at hasseblad.com, but can't find any manual for the program, just for the scanners.

I've got a lot of negs to go through, and it would be nice to figure the batch function out.


Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: Mickey Patrick on February 25, 2011, 01:25:42 pm
Hi, first post (reply)...

It sounds like you either have Automatic Frame Detection off (Scanner tab of the Preferences window, if the scanner supports it,) or the Frame type selected is incorrect.

Either way, the Frame pop-up menu of the Main scanning window should show the correct setting for the film holder you're using like 24x36x6 for 35mm strip film or 24x36 for single.  If you don't see your holder of choice in the Frame pop-up menu, then enable it or create it by opening the Customize... option within the list.  A new window will open giving you the option to Include/Exclude a particular holder in the pop-up list or create a new one of your own design.

Here's the US site for manuals, you may need to register to get access:
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service--support/technical-support/manuals.aspx (http://www.hasselbladusa.com/service--support/technical-support/manuals.aspx)

Hope that helps,
Mickey
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: christian_raae on February 26, 2011, 08:43:01 am
Hi


Thank you Mickey! My frame configuration was wrong. I didn't notice the choice in the top of the frame configuration before, "customize".

Chose 6X6X2, and suddenly the scanner took both negatives at once.

Thank you for the help! :-)

/Christian
Title: Re: How do I scan several negs with HBL Precision II?
Post by: Mickey Patrick on February 26, 2011, 09:53:29 am
Christian,

Glad to hear you are up and running.

Bests,
Mickey