Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Roberto Frieri on February 14, 2011, 03:32:44 pm

Title: The piano
Post by: Roberto Frieri on February 14, 2011, 03:32:44 pm
Thanks to the forum for this space.

(http://web.mac.com/frieri/img/L1000680DNGp.jpg)
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: RSL on February 14, 2011, 04:27:08 pm
Roberto, That's a beautifully seen shot. Bravo! I played with it a bit to bring up some detail outside the window but I'm not sure I like it as well as your more subdued version. The M8 with a Leica lens does things few if any other cameras can do.
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: Roberto Frieri on February 15, 2011, 02:17:50 am
Thank you very much Russ.
I used my M8 with Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35.
I am sorry I don't speak english very well. See http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110212T213315.html (http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110212T213315.html), in italian, for details.

Bye.
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: tokengirl on February 15, 2011, 05:53:20 am
Lovely, mysterious feel.
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: pegelli on February 15, 2011, 06:08:15 am
Indeed a lovely picture, very clean and well seen.

I like the original best, in the adapted version I find I'm distracted by all kind of visible (and even overpowering) textures that in my mind don't work together with the simple composition and light of the first version.
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: francois on February 15, 2011, 06:53:49 am
Roberto,
It's a splendid image, bravo. I can't really tell if I prefer the original or Russ' edited version.  Your website is also impressive, some very nice work there.
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: fredjeang on February 15, 2011, 08:23:35 am
Nice image. I prefer the Russ retouching. I'm not a fan of (unnecessary) details but in this case the falcon eye of Russ did it right on the money. IMO.
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: RSL on February 15, 2011, 09:35:24 am
Thank you very much Russ.
I used my M8 with Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35.
I am sorry I don't speak english very well. See http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110212T213315.html (http://web.mac.com/frieri/20110212T213315.html), in italian, for details.

Bye.

Roberto, Thanks for the correction. Yes, Zeiss does it as well as Leica. I think I'm going to have to put a Zeiss 50mm on my D3.
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: Rob C on February 15, 2011, 12:07:24 pm
Roberto, you should have left some of the dust... would have added to the ambiente.

Nice shot, though, and well seen.

Rob C
Title: Re: The piano
Post by: Roberto Frieri on February 15, 2011, 03:54:49 pm
Thank you all for your nice comments.

@ Francois: happy to know that you have seen my website!