Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: ondebanks on February 03, 2011, 12:35:56 pm

Title: FS Schneider Curtagon 60mm f3.5 wideangle - fit Mamiya, PhaseOne, Contax, Pentax
Post by: ondebanks on February 03, 2011, 12:35:56 pm
For sale, multicoated and boxed Schneider Curtagon MF 60mm f3.5 - made for the 1980's-90's Exakta 66, thus in Pentacon Six (P6) fitting.

I used this on my Mamiya 645 cameras (MF and AFD), with a cheap adapter.
Similarly, you can use it on your Contax 645 or Pentax 645[D] - P6/Kiev adapters are abundant for these cameras.
It is pictured on my 645AFD (not included in the auction!  ;) ) - so of course it will work on your PhaseOne 645AF or DF too, with focus confirmation.

This and the other Schneider lenses for the modern Exakta 66 genuinely come up rarely. Thus they are to some extent already in the realm of collectors' items, but they are best used to make fantastic images! AFAIK, it is the same optically as the highly regarded Schneider Curtagon 60mm f3.5 PQ for the Rollei 6008. Class German glass. See MFDB shot examples at http://www.flickr.com/photos/tadatomo7/with/4004239934/

I've owned this lens for over 4 years. I tested it against my excellent Mamiya N 55/2.8, and the Schneider 60/3.5 was sharper. However, as an astrophotographer, I'm an f-stop junkie, and I need that f2.8 max aperture more than I need that extra sharpness. For that reason I rarely used or packed the Curtagon, so I've decided to do the sensible thing and let it go.

Asking €400. The lens is in MINT condition:
OPTICAL: Optics are perfect. Multicoatings look pristine.
MECHANICAL: Focus is smooth. Aperture turns crisply and stops down snappily. Rubberized focus and aperture rings have a beautifully soft, tactile feel.
COSMETIC: Almost no signs of any wear anywhere, including on the lens mount.

The original packaging is included. Both original lens caps included. The front lens cap is cracked at the side, but it still fits on.
Title: Re: FS Schneider Curtagon 60mm f3.5 wideangle - fit Mamiya, PhaseOne, Contax, Pentax
Post by: ondebanks on February 03, 2011, 12:42:14 pm
BTW you can look up 100% feedback record on Ebay - my user id is ondebanks there too.

And I will take Paypal payment if you have a Paypal account.

Ray
Title: Re: FS Schneider Curtagon 60mm f3.5 wideangle - fit Mamiya, PhaseOne, Contax, Pentax
Post by: foveonconvert on December 15, 2013, 04:01:17 am
Hi, long shot but is this lens still available?  I would be interested.  Thank you!
Title: Re: FS Schneider Curtagon 60mm f3.5 wideangle - fit Mamiya, PhaseOne, Contax, Pentax
Post by: ondebanks on December 16, 2013, 05:18:50 am
Yes, it is still available! Some long shots pay off  :D

I'll PM you to discuss this further.

Best regards,
Ray
Title: Re: FS Schneider Curtagon 60mm f3.5 wideangle - fit Mamiya, PhaseOne, Contax, Pentax
Post by: foveonconvert on December 16, 2013, 02:37:11 pm
Replied, thank you for checking up after two years.  ;D
Title: Re: FS Schneider Curtagon 60mm f3.5 wideangle - fit Mamiya, PhaseOne, Contax, Pentax
Post by: rollsman44 on January 10, 2022, 11:27:10 pm
PM sent