Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: kaelaria on February 01, 2011, 06:33:54 pm

Title: Z series cleaning tip
Post by: kaelaria on February 01, 2011, 06:33:54 pm
I just had a hair pulling morning finding the source of a flec problem.  I filled an order for 6 24x36 posters today and ended up printing an extra 4 because these little rectangular flecs were randomly appearing on some prints, and leaving white uninked spots.  Long story short I found the source to be packed dust in the rubber teeth tracks of the carriage belt.  It was randomly falling off from vibration and landing on the paper below!  I vacuumed everything out then had to wipe the track well with alcohol and paper towel to finally clean it all off.
Title: Re: Z series cleaning tip
Post by: namartinnz on February 02, 2011, 02:14:15 am
Could be the cause what I'm getting from time to time - well spotted!
Title: Re: Z series cleaning tip
Post by: equiason on February 15, 2011, 01:03:16 pm
It might be coming from the belt.  Had the same problem and the small pieces were traced to the rubber belt which has deteriorated over time.
Title: Re: Z series cleaning tip
Post by: kaelaria on February 15, 2011, 01:04:16 pm
Not mine.
Title: Re: Z series cleaning tip
Post by: kaelaria on March 01, 2011, 06:42:47 pm
Thanks foe the jinx!  lol  Today, probably helped along by the cleaning, the belt shredded.  I ordered the $100 replacement kit.