Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: BruceInfantino on February 01, 2011, 12:18:07 pm
-
Ok I'm sure this is nothing but better to ask....I came from a crt, color calibrated etc....the photos that I've color corrected/retouched are looking more red on this new pa271....am I wrong in thinking this is normal ?
Thanks
-
More "red" in terms of gray balance/neutrals or you're seeing more chroma/saturation in "reds"?
Can I assume that your new display is properly calibrated and profiled and that the images you're soft-proofing are properly tagged with ICC profiles?
If you're seeing more chroma/saturation in reds and your images are tagged with something like AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB, it could simply mean that your new display is finally revealing the extra chroma/saturation that was actually in the images but your older (sRGB?) display was unable to show you.....you're finally able to "see" what was there all along....make sense?
Terry
-
Everything is srgb tags, no mis matches, I've set this nec up standard photo editing srgb, but I think what you are saying is true, I'm just seeing more on this monitor
-
I think it's possible that your old display was something less than sRGB...so you're seeing an "improvement" even with sRGB tagged images. Only way to know for sure 9or as a first step) would be to overlay the gamuts/profiles of your old/new display and see what's-what. If you're old CRT profile was considerably smaller than sRGB, the new display might still be showing you more despite your limiting it to sRGB.
Terry