Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: buggz on January 21, 2011, 07:55:52 pm
-
Hello,
What are your favorite papers for the Canon 9000MkII and why?
I am in the start of the expen$ive process of testing various papers w/ my ColorMunki.
I am overwhelmed w/ the options, too many papers, not enough time and monies, sigh...
-
I would ask, what are favorite papers for dye ink printers. For bright color prints, I like Red River Arctic Polar Satin and UltraPro Satin. And Ilford Galerie Classic Pearl for portraits and toned B/W.
Order some sample packs and try them out.
-
As a hint if you have the option in your drivers to scale to size I recommend probably going with 6x4 photo size paper to avoid using US Letter/A4 sheets of paper to profile with (ie, you can cut larger sheets into 6x4 or other sizes), you just need to take it slow/steady on the patch reading. Right now I'm mostly using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II's (I have a stack of 6x4's from CLI-8 bundles) & Kodak Ultra Premium Photo Paper that I also have a collection of. Looking forward to getting some of the Ilford Galerie Classic Pearl for prints as well, I've used it on Epsons and like the quality of this paper.