Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: henk on January 21, 2011, 05:23:03 am
-
I would like to set lens correction at import as a [apply during import] But I can't find any way to solve this.
Is it possible anyway?
Thanks, Henk
-
A Google search on Lightroom Forums.
"During Import, yes. Create a preset which includes Lens Corrections and apply it at Import, or set Lightroom's defaults after checking Enable Profile Corrections.
Enable lens corrections, then click the + on the Presets panel header. In the dialog box, uncheck all, then check Lens Corrections.
Once the preset is created, you'll be able to select it on Import".
-
According to your computer this might or might not be a good idea. Having the lens correction applied makes the calculations for any local edit - Heal/Clone, Grad Filter or Brush - much more complex and on some machines can make them like wading through deep ....uh, molasses. If that happens, enable the correction only at the end of the workflow.
-
Stupid me! Could have figured out myself to setup a preset.
Thanks for the education. I have a window 7 system with an i7 processor and 12 Gb. RAM. So this should be sufficient.
Henk
-
I tried using the lens correction on import and found that later on it contributed to a speed hit when adding gradients or brushes. Things slowed way down. Maybe its a better idea to add it at the end.
jl