Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: grouchomarx on January 20, 2011, 08:57:23 am

Title: Miramar Golf Club
Post by: grouchomarx on January 20, 2011, 08:57:23 am
don't know exactly why but I like this snapshot.

what do you think

(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZGmzcXMSIJI/TTHR-ZB0eOI/AAAAAAAC_rU/Ocm1NVGlezo/s700/IMG_3510.JPG)

here w/ black background: http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/2011/01/club-de-golf-de-miramar-ii.html

grouchomarx
Title: Re: Miramar Golf Club
Post by: tokengirl on January 22, 2011, 10:50:32 pm
I like it too.  I don't have a reason why either.  That's probably a good thing - it's when I don't like something that I come up with a whole list of reasons.  ;)
Title: Re: Miramar Golf Club
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 22, 2011, 11:42:20 pm
I like it too.  I don't have a reason why either.  That's probably a good thing - it's when I don't like something that I come up with a whole list of reasons.  ;)
That's a wonderful quote, Toke! I think that's why I often just post a "+1" after somebody else's comment.

Oh, by the way, Groucho: I like it too, but I don't know why...

Eric
Title: Re: Miramar Golf Club
Post by: RSL on January 23, 2011, 08:45:50 am
I like it too, and I never know why -- why I like a picture when I look at it, or why I like a picture when I trip the shutter. In spite of what art teachers will tell you, neither making a good picture nor appreciating a good picture is a thought process.

Groucho, it reminds me of this one I shot in St. Augustine, Florida as I was crossing the street toward Castillo de San Marcos. The kids were getting off a bus and heading for the fort. By the way, you do good work. Keep it up.