Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: pulley on January 19, 2011, 10:26:32 pm

Title: pet film
Post by: pulley on January 19, 2011, 10:26:32 pm
I have a 24" Z2100 and have been using 8mil polypropylene with lamination for some tradeshow displays, which works great, but I have a client that requested a heavier material. I have done a search and the media that I need is the HP PET film, but it only comes in a 36" width. My printer is 24". Does anyone know if there are any similar products provided by other companies beside HP.
Title: Re: pet film
Post by: neile on January 20, 2011, 01:07:24 am
www.LexJet.com sells all sorts of stuff like this. I'm sure they'll have something that will meet your needs, and their sales team should be able to help you with selection if you give them a call.

Neil
Title: Re: pet film
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on January 20, 2011, 02:38:09 am
Check polyester, Mylar as descriptions too, that is also PET. Intelicoat has them but more companies will carry it.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

Title: Re: pet film
Post by: Mike Sellers on January 20, 2011, 07:11:05 am
couldn`t you cut the 36 inch roll down to 24 inches?
Title: Re: pet film
Post by: pulley on January 20, 2011, 09:32:13 am
Thanks for info and quick replies!

The material that I'm looking for is a thick material, almost like styrene, that is use for hanging on tradeshow booths. The sample the customer brought in was was rigid enough that it cannot be rolled tight. I am thinking maybe it is a material that is only used with solvent or uv printers?
Title: Re: pet film
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on January 20, 2011, 11:07:39 am
Thanks for info and quick replies!

The material that I'm looking for is a thick material, almost like styrene, that is use for hanging on tradeshow booths. The sample the customer brought in was was rigid enough that it cannot be rolled tight. I am thinking maybe it is a material that is only used with solvent or uv printers?

Could be a basic PET that has been printed with UV curing ink. PET in itself doesn't give a bond to ecosolvent, solvent or waterbased inks and needs some treatment/coating to create that bond. Quite inert to solvents so either it has to rely on adhesion only with UV cyring, two component ink, oxydising ink or a coating has to bridge the incompatibility.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Spectral plots of +220 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm