Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: c_soars on January 19, 2011, 12:10:10 pm

Title: A selection of Environmental Portraits
Post by: c_soars on January 19, 2011, 12:10:10 pm
Hello, despite this being the Luminous Landscape, I thought I'd like to share the results of a loose resolution to photograph more people and fewer empty scenes.  These are some of the better ones from the last few years, including one individual who has since passed away; as sad as that is, it validates the value of my 'project' and makes me glad I photographed them while I had the chance.

(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3370/3555158985_f0c59ebf98_z.jpg?zz=1)

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5021655868_87c2d97b8c_z.jpg)

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4418760278_df4e9ec001_z.jpg?zz=1)

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2525/4087548705_5929897e43_z.jpg?zz=1)

(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5129/5361006985_dfe1999a98_z.jpg)

Thanks for browsing, queries and comments are welcome.



Title: Re: A selection of Environmental Portraits
Post by: RSL on January 19, 2011, 02:37:44 pm
C, Yes, yes, yes. This isn't just a landscape site (thank heavens). Fine shooting. I'd like to see more of it. I especially like the first portrait. I think you caught something important in that one: the reminiscences that age brings us to. I'm old enough to understand that one thoroughly. The others are very good, and the last has a definite Elliott Erwitt cast to it. Keep it up!
Title: Re: A selection of Environmental Portraits
Post by: degrub on January 23, 2011, 03:36:45 pm
#1,3,5 for the emotion evoked.

Frank