Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Iliah on January 16, 2011, 09:52:38 am

Title: A little update on Barbieri Spectro instruments: custom targets
Post by: Iliah on January 16, 2011, 09:52:38 am
I sent an e-mail to Barbieri Support Department asking to help me with creating custom profiling targets for their excellent spectrophotometers. It turned out that their Release candidate version of Profile-Xpert Gateway for Windows already has this functionality. You can find the download here: http://www.profile-xpert.com/

I'm very delighted with the results. It took me less than 5 minutes to create custom 1-page 770-patch non-randomized linearization targets and 3-page 2541-patch profiling layouts that were read without any problem in autopositioning mode.

For now I used Argyll to create profiles from the measurements. Resulting profiles have no issues. I'm going to try profiling with basICColor Print and ProfileMaker and see how it will work out.

With the addition of custom target creation module to the Gateway Barbieri instruments become a very good option for those who are looking for a new advanced spectrophotometer.
Title: Re: A little update on Barbieri Spectro instruments: custom targets
Post by: atlproimaging on February 12, 2011, 10:53:20 am
For now I used Argyll to create profiles from the measurements. Resulting profiles have no issues. I'm going to try profiling with basICColor Print and ProfileMaker and see how it will work out.

Please let us know how did your test went with basiccolor print and with profile maker?
Title: Re: A little update on Barbieri Spectro instruments: custom targets
Post by: Scott Martin on February 12, 2011, 11:45:23 am
i1Profiler will be the app to integrate with, IMO.
Title: Re: A little update on Barbieri Spectro instruments: custom targets
Post by: Mark Paulson on February 12, 2011, 11:20:10 pm
Are you the Illiah form the UniWB site?
Title: Re: A little update on Barbieri Spectro instruments: custom targets
Post by: Iliah on February 15, 2011, 10:28:58 am
i1Profiler should read CGATS in the release version I hope. Re profile quality I can comment only after official release.
Title: Re: A little update on Barbieri Spectro instruments: custom targets
Post by: Iliah on February 15, 2011, 10:29:52 am
Never heard of any UniWB site, what is the address?
Title: Re: A little update on Barbieri Spectro instruments: custom targets
Post by: Scott Martin on February 15, 2011, 10:54:32 am
i1P should read CGATS in the release version I hope.
Yes, via drag and drop.
Title: Re: A little update on Barbieri Spectro instruments: custom targets
Post by: Iliah on February 15, 2011, 12:05:11 pm
Yes, via drag and drop.

We do not have the release yet, and we do not know how X-Rite will decide on handling the spectral output from Barbieri.