Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: haring on January 11, 2011, 09:57:12 pm

Title: Which one is your favorite color film for medium format?
Post by: haring on January 11, 2011, 09:57:12 pm
Which one is your favorite color film for medium format?
Title: Re: Which one is your favorite color film for medium format?
Post by: wolfnowl on January 12, 2011, 01:24:00 am
Well, I don't shoot colour negative film... my favourite used to be Kodachrome, but when that went off the rails a few years back I switched to Provia.

Mike.
Title: Re: Which one is your favorite color film for medium format?
Post by: Anders_HK on January 12, 2011, 03:28:01 am
Hi,

You should define for what use. I still use also film for landscape but now limiting it to 4x5. I prefer Fuji Velvia 50, which is arguably the best film made for landscapes. Slides of course. Velvia has a rendering which one can describe as magically enhancing. While some do not like its rendering due to it being contrasty, saturated (but there is more including pleasing color shifts), for color film landscapes it is arguably the most beloved film ever made.

Regards
Anders
Title: Re: Which one is your favorite color film for medium format?
Post by: Craig Murphy on January 12, 2011, 11:59:52 am
Wrong forum section for this question btw.