Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on January 08, 2011, 05:04:09 am
-
Kind of worrying image for anyone living in Spain... we had lots of that going down over many years and it led to a collapsed property market. Hope you didn't bet the ranch!
Yesterday's papers had an article on Son Vida, Mallorca's Beverly Hills development, where fifty houses are for resale, properties that were selling for many millions of Euros a few years ago now deeply down in distressed sales country. But, they also pointed out that there are lots of enquiries from Germany and other parts, but being left-wing papers, they couldn't help pointing out, too, that it's a product of the 'market' where people thrive on the distress of others. Can't keep political slants out of anything in the local press; in fact, I have stopped buying the local English language one precisely because of that: you could script it all yourself!
Rob C
-
I don't know if it is conscious or not, but Michael is focusing on a not-so-subltle theme in these San Miguel images: Color. So far each image has a dominant color that is integral to the image composition, design and story. He's doing this in a way that I really, really like. Maybe I like them so much because out my window is... white.
Good on-ya, Michael.
Dave
-
Rob,
The real estate market in SMA and all of Mexico since 2008 has been depressed, especially at the high end. No different than anywhere else at the moment. We bought into the trough though, so I suppose in the long run we'll be OK when things recover.
This particular cement mixer was for repairing the cobblestone street near out house, so rest easy - not contributing to the malaise.
Dave,
The beauty of SMA lies in part in its colour and contrasts. Vibrant and intense. I marvel every day as I move through the town, wondering why I spent so many winters up north in the cold, snow and grey.
The light here is inspiring. No wonder SMA is regarded as a premier artist colony.
Michael
-
I like this series of images very much - composition and tonality are very strong; while real estate markets gyrate up and down, the value of a good photograph is perennial.